Vaginal yeast infection is a very common infection also called candidiasis.
- Itching and irritation in the vagina
- Burning sensation, pain or soreness
- Redness and swelling of the entrance of the vagina/vulva/
- White vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance.
- Vaginal burning with intercourse or urination
Yeast infections are caused by the overgrowth of the fungus candida in the vagina.
Candida is normally present in the vagina but the Lactobacillus bacteria keep it under control. It is not considered a sexually transmitted disease.
Overgrowth of yeast can result from:
- Antibiotic use
- Hormonal changes – pregnancy, perimenopause, birth control pills
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Impaired immune system
- Medicines that suppress the immune system – steroids, immune suppressors
Conventional treatment is focused on destroying the candida and soon after it is stopped yeast overgrowth tends to reappear. Homeopathic treatment boosts the immune system thus helping the organism keep the growth of the candida under control. That is why homeopathy is more effective than conventional treatment in recurrent yeast infections. Homeopathic remedies are safe and do not have antimycotics` side affects
To reduce your risk of vaginal yeast infection:
Women who are susceptible are advised to:
- Avoid douching
- Do not use feminine deodorant or deodorant pads or tampons
- Wear underwear made from cotton or other natural fibers
- Wear loose fitting pants or skirts
- Wash underwear at a high temperature
- Avoid tight underwear and pantyhose
- Eat a healthy, varied diet
- Promptly change wet clothing, for example bathing suits
- Avoid hot tubs and hot baths
Probiotic tablets with Lactobacillus
Some studies show that lactobacillus available in some types of yogurt taken orally or used intravaginally successfully reduced the amount of vaginal yeast cultures and provided symptom relief. Lactobacillus can also be taken as probiotic tablets.
Duration of the homeopathic treatment
Homeopathic treatment in recurrent candidiasis lasts for about 3-6 months. Symptom relief occurs about a week after treatment`s onset and but you have to continue the treatment to prevent recurrences.
Your sex partner usually does not need to be treated for a yeast infection.